Sunday, November 7, 2010

Build a House For Their House

As many of you know, by profession I am a Chef. 
I think you may also know that I love to build. 
A building project near and dear to my heart.   
Each year building houses to help raise funds for a local
homeless shelter.
The shelter has a campaign to raise funds for a 
new home for battered women and children.
 "Build a House For Their House"
 
Combining our passion to help, love of cooking and
building. Our annual Gingerbread House Festival was born.
Construction is underway 

“A house is made of walls and beams; 

a home is built with love and dreams.”


Photobucket
all photos are from  family member  entries


12 comments:

  1. Just fround your blog last night. I love it. We were in Maine a few weeks ago. We went to the coast for a holiday it was our 38th anniversary. We were in Youk, Oguinquit, and Kennebunkport. We had a fabulous time. It is one of our favourite places to visit. Please if you get a chance feel free to check out my blog. I will be checking in on yours often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful, creative way to use your talents. Love the barn with the little pen made from pretzels.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amy, the barn with the pretzels is adorable. What a kind and generous gesture. You always feel better when you have helped someone less fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful, Laurie! A gingerbread house is always on my list of projets, but so far has never made it to completion....maybe this year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat, Laurie. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful ! And for a wonderful cause ! Way to go ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do gingerbread houses every year and ...ahem...they aren't quite this nice...but gosh they are fun! This is neat that they go to such a great cause too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun project and good cause to boot...wish I could send one to you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurie, These are amazing! I love the barn and Snoopy..I'm a sucker for anything to do with farms and Peanuts, what can I say? : )

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurie,

    These are so fantastic. And what a great cause to support too. Well done, my friend,

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Complete adorable-ness and a good cause! Nothin' better !!

    ReplyDelete