Monday, November 15, 2010

How we spent our vacation ~

Mr. Norm had vacation last week.  My job is such that I can
usually control the hours I work. I did have a few cooking
classes and an event on the schedule. Even so, 
we got a lot accomplished in a week.
We have radiant heat in all the floors, along with 
the fact that we have animals, we decided tile was 
the way to go.  
OH~SO~TOASTY this time of year!
I've had a difficult time capturing the true colors of 
the tile.  There is little natural light in this room
and I've been unable to locate the work lights. 
We've been framing...
Sheet rocking.....
tonight I've been mudding sheet rock and filling
nail holes with wood putty.....
Tomorrow, I hope to be painting.  I'm slightly nervous
about it.  It is not easy for me to go with color.
In our previous home, our color scheme was hard wood
floors, white walls, white cabinets, white furniture.
I'm still drawn to the white rooms that are featured in
blogland.  But I've discovered on this journey of mine,
that I really love the color, texture, warmth of nature's
palette.


Can you guess what color these will not be???


I think........

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you have chosen. I know the wall color will be gorgeous. I love your taste.

    I hope you have a wonderful upcoming Thanksgiving...full of blessings galore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you won't go with white! :-) No brainer. I can't wait to see your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm anxious! looks like a lot of work.
    way to go!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie,
    Now that's my idea of a vacation! (I'm not kidding)
    The tile is such a warm color. I think it will be great for everyone. Including the animals! That radiant heat sounds delightful. I picture myself lying on it...
    Can't wait to watch things continue to unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect vacation to me ! Cant wait to see the finished product, I to love natures colors for the home. Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea what color you are going to choose. I'm guessing it won't be white. Can't wait to see the pictures. On second thought I think I might guess a golden yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have the radiant heat. This is going to be so pretty. Can't wait to see your paint selection.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete