Tuesday, January 18, 2011

30-Day Challenge

With the New Year came some new goals.
Many in my family are participating in a healing 
detox.  A 30-day Green Smoothie Challenge.
With some instituting a Raw Food Diet.  Each 
member will adjust the challenge to accommodate
their likes and their lifestyle.  
I've joined the challenge.  Over the next 30-days,
I'll be sharing links to family member blogs, recipes
I use and daily tips.  I've made adjustments to fit
my life.  My work life may be a challenge, with
several events and cooking classes coming up.  
 Mr. Norm does not participate in the challenges.
For some odd reason, the creativeness with my
cooking is heightened during these times of 
cleansing.
Mr. Norm is fed well, whether I'm detoxing or not.
I think I'm just more aware or maybe the brain fog
is lifting.
The following conversation occurred last night while
we were preparing dinner:
Mr Norm:  Did the bread go the bed?
Me:  What?
Mr. Norm:  Did you put the bread to bed?
Me: What?
Mr. Norm:  Did you put the bread back in the sleeping
bag Sarah made you for Christmas?
Hmmmmm......is it me with the brain fog or is it...


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Laurie,
    This sounds great! I'll be watching for posts and looking forward to learning healthy things.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you tuck your bread in at night do you say "sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that bread bag. Does it keep the bread fresher longer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh...so funny! I need to put my bread to sleep for a long time....I could live on bread!..Looking forward to reading all your post on this detox...It would be good for me but know I wouldn't stay with it totally..been reading about it on Rawsome Nana...interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  5. HIlarious. I had to chuckle out loud on that one. Great bread bag and the food looks wonderful and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the detox.

    We bought a juicer right before Christmas and are loving our fruit and veggie juices.

    I would LOVE to have just a taste of your cooking!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great pics of the bread! Did you make the bread? I like to pick up Borealis Mulit-Grain bread when we're at Axis.It's as good as home made and local.

    ReplyDelete