Friday, February 11, 2011

Planning

With all the snow 
100's of feet 
 ok, slight exaggeration
Construction on the farm house has come to a stand still
It has been a long process.
Oh, I'm not whining, at least I keep telling myself that.
  I love the process (I keep telling myself that too!!)
I'm just missing some of my favorite things
My YUMs
 I see your beautiful homes and I yearn (makes me sound old)
I yearn for the days....

Mr. Norm finds me wandering amongst the power tools, sheet rock, and paint.
  Clinging to some of my things that have made the journey to the farm.
I lovingly lay them out on the construction dust covered floors.
Planning what treasures that currently insulated wall will hold.
All the while in the midst of a mental war.
A lot of work goes into a perfectly sheet rocked wall.
Do I really want to put nail holes in it?
Well, YEAH!!!

Our FIRST ~ YUM -Top 5 was more than amazing.
You all are fabulous and You have fantabulous YUMS!

I LOVE IT!


Be sure to join us Wednesdays.
Any top 5 that puts a smile in your heart.


Photobucket

Linking up to Verde Farm Farm Friend Friday

14 comments:

  1. Hey Lady-link this up to Farm Friend Friday-it’s great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes...I LOVE nail holes!! :)))
    See ya Wednesday.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello this Farm Friend Friday is great I can see what other farmers are doing. Love your pics .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is bEEEuTiful!
    I am linking to you for sure so I can follow every post : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart...But be strong it feels like forever now but it will all be worth it...

    It was only a year ago the room I am sitting in now filled with all my lovely "things and pictures" was nothing more than wooden frame work...I do remember being so frustrated I could cry that it was taking soooooooo long...Now the frustration is just a fading memory as I pick and choose and decorate ever nook and cranny we created when we built our dream too.

    Now I am off to enjoy viewing more lovely photos of your dream...

    Blessings Kelsie

    PS: Thank you for stopping by both my blogs and leaving such lovely comments..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like, like, like your ladder pot rack and your pans layed out on the barn floor...visually that's so appealing to me!
    Mel's Cabin is a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Everyday Ruralty! It was good to see that I was visiting the blog of another chef! I think we need to stick together:)
    We are also farmers, so my life is surrounded by food, one way or the other. I will be following you as soon as I finish this comment. I'd love to have you join my farm blog too.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by. My human won't let us hang anything in the barn. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. But think of all the stories you'll have to tell the grandkids. So much better than having an interior decorator come in and everything getting finished at once for a huge sum. I love the process, too and working slowly allows for tweaking things as you go. We are in our 2nd year of building a chicken coop. Thanks for visiting the flowerweaver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the fly-by on my blog and the thoughtful comment. I appreciate it.

    Looks like you've got quite the chaos going on! Been there about 8 years ago -- remodeled our 1905 farm house -- don't want to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic shots & I'm so glad you found my blog! I'm looking forward to Barn Charm next week to see your entry! =)
    Thanks so much for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your visit and sweet comment at my blog! I'll bookmark this site to follow your progress. And I think nail holes are a necessary thing. We want to decorate that lovely finished sheetrock! ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovin' your stack of metal pans!
    Nail away.....that's what spackle is for!

    ReplyDelete