Wednesday, March 2, 2011

YUM ~ Top 5 ~ wk 4


In case you haven't been tuning in, this is Sarah [Laurie's Daughter] reporting in with the top 5 things that brought joy to my day. [You'll have to excuse the quality of some of my pics, I only have a cheap point n' shoot]

I'ld love to hear about your day, go ahead and join in!

YUM #1


Getting to come home to my handsome husband. I'll leave it to you to figure out which one that would be.....LOL!



YUM #2


Successfully completing Day 6 of my very first Beth Moore  bible study, "Stepping Up". [What an AMAZING journey it has been!]

YUM #3: 

Getting a PIF [paid in full] by borrower  e-mail notification for one of my student loans.
 Whoo-hoo! Total Count: Three down a billion to go....but one step closer to our goal of being debt free!

YUM #4: 




Trying to find a spot to hang my rock coat hanger/shelf made by my husband out of rocks and drift wood from a beach we always frequent in Lubec, ME.
[NOTE: These pictures do NOT do this justice!]

Yum #5: 

Picture from: http://paloma81.blogspot.com/2008/10/brown-houston-style-haven.html

Coveting this antique french  periodic table.

Hope you're all having a fantastic Wednesday and finding joy in your day!


6 comments:

  1. Great list Sarah! I love the shelf your hubby made!! I must know, how did he attach the rocks to the wood?

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea! He used a concrete drill bit (which was probably the most expensive part...about $14) to carefully drill the rocks, and then he added some epoxy in the hole for some extra strength and screwed the bolt in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your yums today.
    Thanks for having this great meme. It will catch on soon, I just know. EVERYone has yums. They just need to find your blog. I'll help spread the word and also, I used your bread recipe and posted about it. :))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great things to make you happy. Love the student loan PIF - congrats!
    Your hubby is talented! I love the 'hookshelf' he made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you blog. I am just tuning in so I am not sure what it is all about. I love the design and lay out and the thought of living on a farm is a dream for me. Someone left a comment on my blog a few weeks ago. I hope that your niece is doing well that chemo is working. I would love to hear more about that. we just launched a non profit for adults to have take a dream vacation with terminal cancer. We are in the beginning stages and hope to receive donations to grant those wishes. Keep up the great posts I love them and the rock hanger so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your yums! And that driftwood/rock coat rack is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Pam
    pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete