Tuesday, April 5, 2011

YUM ~ Top 5 ~ #6

Welcome to YUM ~ Top 5,  This week at the farm there were many things that made my heart smile.

A family trip to Boston and IKEA ~ YUM #1
We stayed the night at Grammie T's, always fun to see her and spend time with her.
The ULTIMATE Junker ~ I have been blessed to receive many of her hand me downs
This beauty is one of them, soon to make a home in our bath/laundry room.  It has a fabulous
large top, perfect for a folding station, a little clean up and some detail...
Old Junk ~ New Home ~YUM #2

The farmhouse is small, much smaller than the home we moved from. I plan to share the details in a future post: Living Small.  When we moved we weeded out a lot.  Yet, there is a lot that I am unwilling to part with. I am a very sentimental person, I love to surround my self with things with family history and meaning.    We have had a lot of fun designing unique and creative spaces to utilize every square inch of this house.  With my style I would happily create wall storage using old apple crates, soda crates, pallets, what have you.  Mr. Norm, although he likes those items in decor, as an engineer, he is always looking at the weight bearing loads, verifying the load per square foot and lets me know that my idea of using a vintage junk crate to hold 50 pounds of mason jars may not work.  

A wall of Cubbies from IKEA to display many Junkin Finds
YUM ~ #3

We got various sizes, we will be suspending them on the wall behind the stairs. I had to laugh, I planned on them being from floor to ceiling.  Mr. Norm had other ideas, which I absolutely LOVE.   I can not wait to share the finished project.  A little inspiration until then.
                                                                    Source: colourmehappyblog.blogspot.com via Rychelle on Pinterest

I've had a can of chalkboard paint kicking around the farm for a while now.  Keep pulling it out, a little like the burlap, trying to decide what I want to do with it.
YUM ~ #4


                                                                              Source: samanthahahn.com via Laurieat on Pinterest


                                                                                     Source: google.ca via Laurieat on Pinterest

I've been searching for chairs to go with the farm table Mr. Norm made.  Only need a couple.
We built a "L" bench, I'm working on the cushions and the finishing touches of that area.  Really
starting to look great.  Think this may be the one thing that could send it over the top.

Creating a stool from the tractor seat dad gave me.  YUM ~ #5
                                                                          Source: rockettstgeorge.co.uk via Laurieat on Pinterest

 ~ Share Your TOP 5 YUMS ~ Grab a Turner Farm Button ~
Under the Buttons Tab at the top of the page and share the news

Photobucket



1 comment: