Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yum ~ Top 5 ~ #14


With all the business of our spring and summer, we have not had a lot of time to focus on fun DIY projects around home.  Yesterday I was blessed to have a rainy afternoon home alone.

Yum ~ #1
Played with my Food


Yum ~ #2
Greeted new-comers to the farm
a Snail's Life ~ the way summer should be

Yum ~ #3
Keep a watchful eye on the new crew that picked up where my contractor
(Mr. Norm) left off 

Yum ~ #4
Cleaned up a curbside find and went to work creating my kitchen garden

Yum ~ #5
The transformation of the ugly picture
Picked this up for .50 cents because I liked the shape

played around with a couple of looks
was never happy with it ~ but knew I liked the over
all shape with my old door rolling pin display 
got the chalkboard paint out and I'm really excited with
the possibilities.  Still have a few details to work on.
Will be back with the finished project soon..... I hope... 
depends on the weather, the farm, the course, the work.. haha...I will be back...

Photobucket


13 comments:

  1. A relaxing day at home alone what a luxury. Thats a really cute quick lunch you had adding it to my file. Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, I especialy love the crew on the roof ! have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING the changes to your kitchen! Antiques plus plants plus chalkboard... totally earthy and organic and makes me want to be there!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie,
    Terrific presentation on the tomato/mozz salad, I'm going to call it. I'm going to keep that in mind for our dinner!
    I'll be back to join in with the Yums soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chickens on the roof are too cute! That lunch looks yummy. The chalkboard is great, I need to make one of those, but where to hang it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the roof helpers, too cute. Great post, great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new contractors! Such great photos. And I think the new chalkboard looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come leave a comment on my blog for the Fairy Hobmother! I did and won a $50 Amazon Gift Cert. Seriously.. come comment and leave your wish.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi laurie, Your pictures are beautiful! The photo of the chickens on the ladder is adorable. Have a wonderful weekend.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the BEST ideas, Laurie.
    I just hate that your TOP 5 YUMS didn't take off. It is such a great idea...hope you will give it another try. I really enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just coming by to see if you've started your YUMS again. Guess not.
    I know how busy it must be on the farm during the summer. Maybe winter time will give you a little more time for your blog.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am hoping you are just busy and there's nothing wrong....!!
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete