Thursday, July 12, 2012

An Angel Among Us.


I know it's been a long time since my last post.  A lot has happened and knowing you all, I know you'll understand.   Sadly on June 3, my niece Kylee, age 33, loving mother of 2 precious little ones, went home to be with our Lord.


(sorry for quality of this photo.  My laptop crashed and I loaded this from Facebook)

I am grateful and feel deeply blessed to of had the time with Kylee and her entire community of family and friends on her journey through cancer.  To be witness to Kylee's absolute love of our Lord was amazing and a true gift.  In her last weeks at the hospice house Kylee often spoke of her conversations with our Lord.  What she saw.  So much of what she shared revolved around Rainbows, the colors they represent.  If you read the bible, you know that the Rainbow is our convenient of grace.


 "Be Still and Know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

I can not count how many times this passage has appeared to me in some of the darkest of times  Those moments that my sister's pain is more than any should bear.  On one of those days I was having a conversation with the Lord and Kylee.  Asking a whole lot of questions.  When I was deeply moved to grab my camera and open my kitchen door.



 Through the pain and tears, the Lord and His New Angel continues to bless us
Look at her feet ~ do you see the butterfly and to the left of that the heart. 
Have lots to share with you and lots of visiting to see what love you've all been sharing.



As Kylee would  say "Love you all way too much"
xoxo





Photobucket


























9 comments:

  1. Laurie, I am so happy that I saw you on here this afternoon. I have thought about you often. I am so very sorry for your family's loss. I truly am.

    I will look forward to seeing what the Lord is doing next in your lives.

    God bless you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. I've missed you and your beautiful posts. Looking forward to catching up. ~ Blessings

      Delete
  2. Laurie--I am so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in the wonderful memories you hold near and dear to your heart.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, Thank you! I've seen some of your work come across my Facebook page ~ amazing as always. Looking forward to visiting and seeing what beautiful work you've been up to. ~ Blessings

      Delete
  3. I am so very sorry for your loss, the photo was just heartbreaking. God bless you and your family. I just knew in my heart something was wrong. You suddenly just disappeared, I hope you will be on the road to recovery soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerry, Thank you! I was blessed to capture that photo at a prayer vigil held for Kylee. She loved her Jessi-girl and Jessi loves her mom. I visited the link on Gracious Southern Living and saw your gorgeous home and beautiful photo of you! Look forward to catching up. ~ Blessings

      Delete
  4. Laurie, I am so sorry! Breaks my heart to read this, and to see that beautiful loving photo of Kylee and child. What a gorgeous rainbow photo.. bittersweetness..
    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy, I am joyous that Kylee's little one will have this as a small reminder of just how much she was loved. Yet, breaks my heart to think about it.. Bittersweetness indeed! Have missed you and look forward to catching up. Have a couple additions to the farm that made me think of you. My husband surprised me on my 50th with every farm girls dream ~ Hank and Harley ~ miniature donkeys! If I remember correctly, don't you have a donkey or two? Will be posting about them soon ~ Blessings

      Delete
  5. Kylees' love will keep all your memories alive.I hope you can find peace in knowing that she is with her Lord..xx

    ReplyDelete