CHOCOLATE!

Just completing week 3 of my lifestyle plan.
Doing pretty good. 
Only eating when my body signals that it needs fuel.
Exercising
But Today I needed CHOCOLATE!
So I ate CHOCOLATE!
And I enjoyed CHOCOLATE.
I am feeling great about it.
Why?
Because this was a healthy, gluten free, high in protein treat.

cooks illustrated

CHOCOLATE GARBANZO BEAN CAKE
Trust me, this is the most decadent chocolate cake ever!
And so easy.
A quick in a pinch kind of cake.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line round cake pan with parchment paper and spray sides.
Melt chocolate - 70% chocolate bits are what I use
Add the following to your food processor and puree
1 (19 ounce) can of garbanzo beans, rinsed well
4 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
add melted chocolate and combine well.
This cake will tell you when it is ready  
The top cracks and cracks alot.
This is why you use the parchment paper.
I serve it upside down
Once cool, flip cake out of the pan onto cake plate.
Cut like you would a pie.
Makes 12 servings
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. OMG...I can't wait to try this. Do you know what the carbs, fat grams,etc., are? Is this your recipe? Do you have more like it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts