A day in Shoes...

Inspired by Donna's post at Funky Junk Interiors.
Her day job..  I love Donna's blog.
I will share a sneak peek into my day through...

MY SNEAKERS
My day usually starts with a walk.
 One of my goals for 2010 is to make
it a daily given.


MY MUCK BOOTS
Love these boots.  Think I may be shocked to hear myself say that.
Just a few short years ago,
These were way too pratical for my stylish feet.
MY, how times have changed!
 My mornings start off in these boots,
feeding the chicks, dogs and doing my chores around the farm.


MY DANSKOS
I am usually in black chef pants
(someone really needs to redesign the style of these,
do you see the amount of material that just mutiplies from the knee down)
and black chef coat.
I needed a splash of color - fuschia did the trick!
These shoes are great for getting me through some long days
or evenings in the kitchen.


MY EVERYDAY SHOE
Yup, I probably have dozens of pairs of these babies
packed away in storage.  When we moved, I was just not ready
to give up on that chapter of my life.
When I do unpack, they will be given to my daughter.
She has an office job and can use them.
Me, not so much! 

Donna of Funky Junk Interiors is featuring a workshop series on
creating a workshop.  At this point, our house is our workshop.
Oh, the joys of living in a workshop!
We do not yet have a room or buidling that can be used for a workshop.
So I am going to share my dad's workshop/tool rooms.
Yes, he has more than one.  He has more square footage in workshops
than most people have in their homes.
7 different areas of this old farmhouse are dedicated
 to his workshop/tool rooms.

I believe my siblings and myself are the 11th generation to grow up in this farmhouse.

Have any idea how much stuff generations can accumulate?
This past Sunday, a group of us got together to help Dad reclaim his workshops.
We made a dent in the organizing. 
Will share more photos when we return to do some more decluttering on Sunday.

Yes, it is a lot of work... Yet...
I can not express what a wonderful feeling it is for us
to watch dad as he rediscovers something he had been looking for or
the stories he shares about something that brought
back memories of his childhood or ours!
 Priceless!!!!





Comments

  1. Wow, that is some project you're embarking on! But how fun would it be to look through all that stuff?!?

    I'll be watching this one. :)

    Thanks for the shoutout!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, and what a great idea of the 'day through the shoes'. Mine would be my Croc's to go feed the girls, and then my fuzzy socks the rest of the day...as I GO NO WHERE! LOL.....Can't wait to see your projects unfold.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts